"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
John Lennon was probably right about life and "plans" in his 1980 song Beautiful Boy. That said, we're in the business of collaborating with clients to plan money around lives (not the other way around). And though life rarely goes according to plan, the process of planning allows our clients to pursue the things money can't buy: possibilities, passions and peace.
Jason Howell Company was recently featured in the New York Times and we are proud of our transparent service model that does not rely upon exclusively managing investments.
As financial planners we begin every new client relationship with a comprehensive financial plan (or ROADMAP) to answer three (3) questions:
- Where are you financially?
- What do you want emotionally?
- Which financial tools can help?
60 DAY ROADMAP: Comprehensive Financial Plan
The process of creating a financial ROADMAP usually takes about 8 to 10 weeks depending on complexity.
This report includes a one-page executive summary, a written analysis and recommendations summary of about six to eight pages and about forty pages of supplemental supporting schedules.
We document actionable analysis and advice on:
- Retirement planning- estimating income, savings and the cost of your medical care
- Budget priorities - for example, saving vs. investing vs. paying down your debt
- College planning - approximating the costs and presenting funding options
- Maximizing idle cash - in checking, savings or your investment accounts
- Work benefits - including your retirement account investment choices
- Investment strategies - allocation, rebalancing and fee minimization strategies
- Insurance planning - risk management strategies to protect your goals and plans
- Tax planning - including federal and state tax strategies to maximize cash flow
- Estate planning - minimizing stress on your family at the end of your life
- Business planning - separating business financials from personal financials
OUR FEE: $2,500 (up front)
ONGOING PLANNING: Comprehensive Financial Planning (Implementation)
Some of our clients want help with implementation of the ROADMAP or the investment management. If after creating the ROADMAP, a client would like us to implement their plan, we can create an ala carte hourly project or execute a separate ONGOING PLANNING agreement that includes:
- Inviting and coordinating the assistance of estate planners, CPAs and insurance agents
- Facilitating conversations about money amongst family members
- Serving as an independent 3rd party for keeping clients accountable to their goals
- Drafting a personalized Investment Policy Statement (IPS) for each member client
- Transferring old retirement accounts (if necessary) and other investment accounts
- Managing investments and communicating fees and quarterly performance
- Reviewing and revising the financial ROADMAP twice annually
OUR FEE: $3,000 per year (paid quarterly) plus 1% of assets we manage.*
*If we manage assets of $300,000 or more, the $3,000 annual fee is waived.