"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
John Lennon was probably right about life and "plans" in his 1980 song Beautiful Boy. That said, we're in the business of collaborating with clients to plan numbers around lives. And though life rarely goes according to plan, the process of planning allows our clients to pursue the things money can't buy: possibilities, passions and peace.
As financial planners we begin every new client relationship with a comprehensive financial plan (or ROADMAP) to answer three (3) questions:
- Where are you financially?
- What do you want emotionally?
- Which financial tools can help?
60 DAY ROADMAP: Comprehensive Financial Plan
The process of creating a financial ROADMAP usually takes about six to eight weeks depending on complexity.
This report usually comprises a one-page executive summary, a summary narrative of about six to eight pages (highlighting both the analysis and recommendations) and about forty supplemental supporting schedules.
We document actionable analysis and advice on:
- Retirement living; estimating income, savings and the cost of your medical care
- Work benefits and your retirement account investment choices
- Investment strategies for non-retirement and your other investment accounts
- Maximizing idle cash in checking, savings or your investment accounts
- Budget priorities; for example saving vs. investing vs. paying down your debt
- Insurance and other risk management strategies to protect your goals and plans
- Federal and State tax strategies for maximizing your cash flow
- Estate planning for minimizing the stress on your family at the end of your life
OUR FEE: $2,500 (up front)
ONGOING PLANNING: Comprehensive Financial Planning (Implementation)
Should you be interested in collaborating with us on implementation of your financial ROADMAP, we will sign another agreement and begin:
- Inviting and coordinating the assistance of estate planners, CPAs and insurance agents
- Facilitating conversations about money amongst family members
- Serving as an independent 3rd party for keeping clients accountable to their goals
- Drafting a personalized Investment Policy Statement (IPS) for each member client
- Transferring old retirement accounts (if necessary) and other investment accounts
- Managing investments and communicating fees and quarterly performance
- Reviewing and revising the financial ROADMAP twice annually
OUR FEE: $3,000 per year (paid quarterly) plus 1% of assets we manage.*
*If we manage assets of $300,000 or more, the $3,000 annual fee is waived.