We believe that financial planning is really just life planning with numbers. We believe your numbers should be explained so you can plan your life. We believe in the possibility of your passions and that working towards them, will give you peace.
With your help, we create financial opportunity for the things money can’t buy: possibilities, passion and peace.
As financial planners we begin new client relationships with a comprehensive financial plan (or ROADMAP) to answer these questions:
- Who are you financially?
- What do you think is possible?
- Why do you want the things you do?
- When do you want to have those things?
- How can money help you find financial peace?
These questions help create the basis for our first step together: building your ROADMAP in about 60 days. Going through that process will serve as your foundation for building a happy financial life. It will also give each of us a chance to consider whether your family would be a good fit for our family of ongoing clients.
60 DAY ROADMAP: Comprehensive Financial Plan
The process of creating this Financial Life ROADMAP usually takes about six to eight weeks depending on complexity. This report usually comprises a summary narrative of about six to eight pages highlighting both the analysis and recommendations. Those pages are supplemented with thirty to forty pages of supporting schedules. Beginning with an executive summary of your financial life, concerns and goals, together we document analysis and advice on:
- Retirement living; estimating income, savings and the cost of your medical care
- Work benefits and your retirement account investment choices
- Investment strategies for non-retirement and your other investment accounts
- Maximizing idle cash in checking, savings or your investment accounts
- Budget priorities; for example saving vs. investing vs. paying down your debt
- Insurance and other risk management strategies to protect your goals and plans
- Federal and State tax strategies for maximizing your cash flow
- Estate planning for minimizing the stress on your family at the end of your life
OUR FEE: $2,500 (up front)
ONGOING PLANNING: Comprehensive Financial Planning (Implementation)
Collaborating with our client families to execute the plans we put in place is an honor. We become a partner in achieving our client’s life goals by helping with the hard part: plan execution. After STEP 1, we continue with execution by:
- Inviting and coordinating the assistance of estate planners, CPAs and insurance agents
- Facilitating conversations about money amongst family members
- Serving as an independent 3rd party for keeping clients accountable to their goals
- Drafting a personalized Investment Policy Statement (IPS) for each member client
- Transferring old retirement accounts (if necessary) and other investment accounts
- Managing investments and communicating fees and quarterly performance
- Reviewing and revising the financial ROADMAP twice annually
OUR FEE: $3,000 per year (paid quarterly) plus 1% of assets we manage.*
*If we manage assets of $300,000 or more, the $3,000 annual fee is waived.