We Make Great Financial Plans.
Science. Art. Heart.
Jason Howell Company is a fiduciary wealth management firm with a difference.
We proudly focus on making great financial plans. Most firms will ask you to move all of your money after a meeting or two. They promise the process of financial planning will come later. We do the opposite. We are happy to earn your trust over a 60 DAY engagement process for building a great financial plan. We collaborate with you to answer all of your financial life questions and finally deliver an actionable report that we call a "ROADMAP." Your ROADMAP will document actionable insurance, investing, estate and tax planning recommendations. We hold nothing back; you will have everything you need to execute your personal plan. This is our primary focus. Good financial advice, gleaned from what we learn about you and compared against our expertise and experience, is what we primarily sell.
If you would like us to manage your investments directly, we can offer an ONGOING engagement (separately). Under an entirely separate and subsequent agreement, we will manage your investments and coordinate additional (external) professionals to implement solutions for your family. These professionals include independent insurance agents, advisers, estate planners and CPAs; experts who can execute on your plans.
We believe that everyone benefits from comprehensive financial planning to pursue their passions, possibilities and discover peace. And we believe that the financial planning profession can especially make a positive difference on the lives of Washington, DC area residents where we have an abundance of everything except (extra) time.
Below describes how we build science, art and heart to make a difference for our clients:
The science is breaking down wealth management into each component of financial planning:
- Budget Planning
- Risk or Insurance Planning
- Investment Planning
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
The art is managing an organized, transparent process for achieving your goals:
- We listen to you and help you organize your financial information (Week 1 and 2)
- We repeat what we heard by providing a "Financial Snapshot" summary (Week 2)
- We analyze your overall financial picture by the "Science" categories above (Week 3 and 4)
- We share our recommendations in a way you can understand (Week 5 or 6)
- We revise the draft of the ROADMAP and summarize 40+ pages down to 1 (Week 7)
- We present the final Financial ROADMAP (Executive Summary, Narrative and Supporting Schedules) (Week 8)*
The heart is understanding how financial planning is really life planning:
- Acknowledging the emotions surrounding your financial choices
- Recognizing that our firm is serving you (not vice versa)
- Believing that where you are starting financially is not where you will end
- Knowing that your financial legacy goes beyond your lifetime
- Treating you like family
*Should we choose to work together on implementation, we will sign an ONGOING financial planning relationship (renewable on an annual basis). An ongoing relationship includes review and revisions made to the Financial ROADMAP at least twice per year.
If these values make sense to you, the Jason Howell Company can be an important part of your financial life.
Questions? Just contact JHCo. to discuss this further.