Making a referral to a financial adviser is not easy. Referring JHCo. however, is easier than most other firms.
President Jason Howell has a built a resume and a firm you can be proud to refer:
- All referrals speak directly with the owner, Jason Howell
- Jason specializes in working with married business owners (especially when one spouse has a traditional job)
- Jason believes in continuous research evidenced by his White Paper: The Future of Financial Advice (available upon request)
- Jason is an adjunct instructor of a three (3) credit course at American University
- Jason has been a regular TV guest on ABC's News Channel 8
- JHCo. has no investment minimum; there are retainer/flat fee arrangements or hourly fee options
- JHCo. is a "fee only" fiduciary which means he's legally required to follow the golden rule: treat your clients as you would yourself
- JHCo. fees are transparent: $800 for a personal financial plan and 1% for investment management. In addition a retainer fee is added to include a business retainer.
THE REFERRAL PROCESS
Here are the steps for making a referral easier:
- Give Jason a call to informally introduce the person you will later refer by email: 703-867-2387
- Copy Jason (Jason@JasonHowell.com) on an email to the person you are referring:
Example: "[Jennifer], copied on this note is Jason Howell, the owner of the financial planning firm I mentioned. I don't know for certain whether he is a good fit but I do believe that a phone call with him will be worth your time."
Jason will take it from there. He will respond thanking you for the referral, expressing an interest in the person you referred and asking that person to schedule a 15 to 30 minute call within the next few days. On that call he will ask what they are looking for in a financial services professional, he will share his philosophy and his fee structure. If there is a mutual interest, he will schedule an in person meeting and will email JHCo.'s registration documents and agreements for your referral's review before the in person meeting.
- Individuals: married business owners who have kids and may prefer not to work with large brokerage firms
- Organizations: that would like a fee only fiduciary adviser to speak about financial wellness
Who would you like to refer? CONTACT JHCo.