Science. Art. Heart.
Jason Howell Company is a fiduciary wealth management firm with a difference.
We believe the process of financial planning is as important as investment management but we believe one should come before the other. Most firms will ask you to move your money first and they will help with your financial planning later. We do the opposite. We have a 60 DAY engagement to answer all of the questions you have about financial life and deliver an actionable report that we call a "ROADMAP." You can then choose whether an additional (ongoing) relationship makes sense. Regardless, each of our clients receive the benefits of professional advice and working with a two person team (none of our clients have just one adviser).
For our ONGOING engagements, we work with additional professionals (externally) who too are experts that can implement solutions for our clients. In step one (above) our ROADMAP will document insurance, investments, estate planning and tax advice but we coordinate with independent insurance agents, advisers, estate planners and CPAs to execute on your plans.
We believe that everyone deserves comprehensive financial planning to pursue their passions, new possibilities and to find peace. And we believe that the financial planning profession can make a positive impact on the lives of Washington, DC area residents where we have so many resources, except the time to make it all work together.
Below describes how we build science, art and heart to make a difference for our clients:
The science is breaking down wealth management into each component of financial planning:
- Budget Planning
- Risk or Insurance Planning
- Investment Planning
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
The art is managing an organized, transparent process for achieving your goals:
- We listen to you and help you organize your financial information (Week 1 and 2)
- We repeat what we heard by providing a "Financial Snapshot" summary (Week 2)
- We analyze your overall financial picture by the "Science" categories above (Week 3 and 4)
- We share our recommendations in a way you can understand (Week 5 or 6)
- We revise the draft of the ROADMAP and summarize 40+ pages down to 1 (Week 7)
- We present the final Financial ROADMAP (Executive Summary, Narrative and Supporting Schedules) (Week 8)*
The heart is understanding how financial planning is really life planning:
- Acknowledging the emotions surrounding your financial choices
- Recognizing that our firm is serving you (not vice versa)
- Believing that where you are starting financially is not where you will end
- Knowing that your financial legacy goes beyond your lifetime
- Treating you like family
*Should we choose to work together on implementation, we will sign an ONGOING financial planning relationship (renewable on an annual basis). An ongoing relationship includes review and revisions made to the Financial ROADMAP at least twice per year.
If these values make sense to you, the Jason Howell Company can be an important part of your financial life.
Questions? Just contact JHCo. to discuss this further.