Financial planning is life planning.
You have a plan for your life. We fit that plan to your finances. We transform regular investors into patriarchs and matriarchs of their families and communities. We do this through our Investment Strategy and by equipping our clients with three (3) tools for creating sustainable wealth:
- Your Personal ROADMAP (PR) which identifies 40 to 60 recommendations to improve your financial plan
- Your Implementation Guide (IG) which priorities (by month) when you ought to implement those recommendations
- Your Family Constitution (FC) which clarifies how those recommendations connect to your values
We call this process Family Governance. It goes beyond traditional financial planning by adding a "values management" component..
You will walk through a planning process that includes Family Governance and six (6) other strategies from our founder's book: JOY of Financial Planning: 7 Strategies for Transforming Your Finances and Reclaiming Your American Dream. The seven strategies cover:
1. Family Governance
2. Income, Expenses & Taxes
3. Cash, Credit & Debt
4. Risk Management
5. Estate Planning
The process all begins with gathering documents and conducting (virtual) meetings to clarify your goals, concerns and the data. The process of documenting the Personal ROADMAP (PR) is how we get you closer to what you want.
We document actionable analysis and advice on:
- Family governance - outlining a system for passing along values with wealth
- Philanthropy - designing a proactive "living giving" strategy
- Retirement planning- estimating income, savings and the cost of your medical care
- Budget priorities - for example, saving vs. investing vs. paying down your debt
- College planning - approximating the costs and presenting funding options
- Maximizing idle cash - in checking, savings or your investment accounts
- Work benefits - including your retirement account investment choices
- Investment strategies - SRI allocation, rebalancing and fee minimization strategies
- Insurance planning - risk management strategies to protect your goals and plans
- Tax planning - including federal and state tax strategies to maximize cash flow
- Estate planning - minimizing stress on your family at the end of your life
- Business planning - separating business financials from personal financials
NEXT, see our FAQ..