JOY of Financial Planning.
You have a plan for your life. We fit that plan to your finances so you can feel good about your money. We do this through our sustainable Investment Strategy and by equipping our clients with three (3) tools for creating wealth that's, well, useful:
- Your Financial ROADMAP (FR) which identifies 40 to 60 recommendations to support your financial plan (the "what")
- Your Implementation Guide (IG) which priorities (by month) when you ought to implement those recommendations (the "when")
- Your Family Constitution (FC) which clarifies how those recommendations connect to your values (the "why")
We call this process Family Governance. It goes beyond traditional financial planning by adding a "values" component.. We incorporate what you want to do with your family and in your community so you can "Feel good about your money."
You will walk through a planning process that includes Family Governance and six (6) other strategies from our founder's book: JOY of Financial Planning: 7 Strategies for Transforming Your Finances and Reclaiming Your American Dream. The seven strategies are:
1. Family Governance
2. Income, Expenses & Taxes
3. Cash, Credit & Debt
4. Risk Management
5. Estate Planning
The process all begins with gathering documents and conducting (virtual) meetings to clarify your goals, concerns and the data. The process of documenting the Personal ROADMAP (PR) is how we get you closer to enjoying your financial life..
We document actionable analysis and advice on:
- Family governance - guiding you through a process for passing along values with wealth
- Philanthropy - designing a proactive "living giving" strategy for charities that inspire you
- Retirement planning- estimating your future investment income, savings and the cost of medical care
- Budget prioritization - saving vs. investing vs. paying down debt vs. charity vs. posterity, etc.
- College planning - approximating your child's costs and presenting you with funding options
- Maximizing idle cash - prioritizing in your checking, savings or your investment accounts
- Work benefits - including your health benefits, equity options and employer sponsored retirement accounts
- Investment strategies - SRI allocation, timely rebalancing, and your executive compensation strategies
- Insurance planning - risk management strategies to protect your property, family and your health
- Tax planning - including federal and state tax strategies to maximize your cash available to spend later
- Estate planning - previewing your decisions and minimizing stress on your family before the end of your life
- Business planning - anticipating your "exit" and separating business financials from your personal financials
NEXT, see our FAQ..