Aligning Sustainability in the Global Bond Market
Engage you financial advisor as to how you can have your portfolio reflect your values. There are tools that are evolving and more importantly, have yet to evolve to keep on your radar.
- Patrick T. Drum, CFP®, CFA®, MBA
How can you use debt (bonds) rather than equity (stocks) as a more effective way to align sustainable investing values? Join Patrick Drum of Saturna Capital for an important discussion about sustainable investing in sovereign bonds all over the world. Patrick has been integrating ESG considerations into fixed-income portfolios since 2006; he's been a fixed-income analyst/portfolio manager since 2005 and been part of the investment industry since 1996. Watch and listen to what he has to say about possible yields in the sovereign bonds of Brazil and Mexico -you'll be glad you did.
In our discussion Patrick answers in detail:
- How using the bond (vs. equity) markets can more positively impact sustainability
- How emerging market investing is truly different from investing in developed bond markets
- How Patrick finds quality bond issuers (he shares some of his process)
- How Russia's war with Ukraine is affecting global fixed income markets
- What Patrick sees as the future trends for ESG-focused sovereign bond investing
Jason Howell Company is an independent, family wealth management firm run by two owners who believe you should feel good about money.
Jason J. Howell, CFP®, CPWA®, CSRIC® and Douglas W. Tees, MBA, CFP® are each married to patient wives and are dedicated to their kids. Jason and Doug have built a firm with a great reputation. The firm is based in Northern Virginia but serves clients (virtually) all throughout the United States.
Our firm owners believe that dual-income parents with high achieving kids want to feel good about their financial success. They just need to know how. You have a plan for your life and causes you believe in. We fit that plan to your finances so you can feel confident, excited, generous, hopeful and good about your money.
Our process begins with our responsible Investment Strategy and by equipping our clients with three (3) tools for creating wealth that's well, useful:
- Your Personal ROADMAP (PR) which identifies 40 to 60 recommendations to improve your financial plan (the "what")
- Your Implementation Guide (IG) which priorities (by month) when you ought to implement those recommendations (the "when")
- Your Family Constitution (FC) which clarifies how those recommendations connect to your values (the "why")
We call this process Family Governance. It goes beyond traditional financial planning by adding a "values" component. Whose values? Your values.
To feel good about your money, just book an introductory call here: Introductory Call