Guest Podcast: YourStake Your Story Episode 2
YourStake aims to provide advisors with everything they need to understand ESG issues, analyze portfolios, and report to clients. We want to equip you with the underlying data and analysis tools to navigate ESG. The YourStake, YourStory podcast is designed to amplify voices in the financial industry who are leading the charge for socially responsible investing practices. Each episode, we are joined by experts in the field to hear their stories about what brought them into the industry, why they are passionate about ESG and values-based investing, and much more. Dive in to this episode to hear about:
- How Jason Howell got here (1:12)
- What led him to run for Congress (9:14)
- The transition to becoming a financial advisor (14:00)
- Why ESG? (20:54)
- Placing values-based investing up front (32:20)
- Figuring out the values of clients (37:10)
- What sustainable investing actually does (44:33)
- Where Jason thinks ESG is headed (50:30)
Thank you to Jason Howell for joining us in this episode! Be sure to tune back in every other week for a new episode of YourStake, YourStory and hear another amazing voice in the industry.
Jason Howell Company is an independent, family wealth management firm run by two owners who believe you should feel good about money.
Jason J. Howell, CFP®, CPWA®, CSRIC® and Douglas W. Tees, MBA, CFP® are each married to patient wives and are dedicated to their kids. Jason and Doug have built a firm with a great reputation. The firm is based in Northern Virginia but serves clients (virtually) all throughout the United States.
Our firm owners believe that dual-income parents with high achieving kids want to feel good about their financial success. They just need to know how. You have a plan for your life and causes you believe in. We fit that plan to your finances so you can feel confident, excited, generous, hopeful and good about your money.
Our process begins with our responsible Investment Strategy and by equipping our clients with three (3) tools for creating wealth that's well, useful:
- Your Personal ROADMAP (PR) which identifies 40 to 60 recommendations to improve your financial plan (the "what")
- Your Implementation Guide (IG) which priorities (by month) when you ought to implement those recommendations (the "when")
- Your Family Constitution (FC) which clarifies how those recommendations connect to your values (the "why")
We call this process Family Governance. It goes beyond traditional financial planning by adding a "values" component. Whose values? Your values.
To feel good about your money, just book an introductory call here: Introductory Call