(VIDEO) Leaving Your Legacy with Community Foundations
Eileen Ellsworth, President & CEO of the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia (CFNova.org) as we discuss how to leverage community foundations for permanent bequests; how to "have your fun" while giving during your lifetime; how modern philanthropy will continue to evolve in 2021.
Eileen answered the following questions:
- What is a “permanent fund?”
- How does establishing a permanent fund differ from a “donor advised fund?”
- What are some examples of permanent funds at CFNOVA?
- What is the benefit for a donor to transition from a donor advised fund to a permanent fund?
- How do you see philanthropy changing locally in light of 2020 and COVID-19?
Jason Howell Company is an independent, family wealth management firm run by two owners who consider it their family business. Jason J. Howell, CFP®, CSRIC® and Douglas W. Tees, MBA, CFP® are both married to patient wives and are dedicated to their kids.
The firm owners believe that serving families through a process that supports family harmony, preserves family history and nurtures family values is the key to true wealth. It begins with a sustainable Investment Strategy and by equipping clients with three (3) tools for creating sustainable wealth. They call this process Family Governance. It goes beyond traditional financial planning by adding the "values management" and family history component. The firm stands for empowering communities, one family at a time.
For more information about our strategies, just book an introductory call: Introductory Call