"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
John Lennon was probably right about life and "plans" in his 1980 song Beautiful Boy. That said, we're in the business of collaborating with clients to plan money around lives (not the other way around). And though life rarely goes according to plan, the process of planning allows our clients to pursue the things money can't buy: possibilities, passions and peace.
Jason Howell Company was recently featured in the New York Times and we are proud to offer our fee for service option (OPTION 1) for clients who want financial planning only.
Below are descriptions and pricing for our FEE FOR SERVICE and TRADITIONAL SERVICE options:
OPTION 1: (FEE FOR SERVICE)
60-90 DAY ROADMAP: Comprehensive Financial Plan
The process of creating a financial ROADMAP usually takes about 8 to 12 weeks depending on complexity.
The final report includes a one-page executive summary, a written analysis and recommendations summary of about six to eight pages and about forty pages of supplemental supporting schedules.
We document actionable analysis and advice on:
- Retirement planning- estimating income, savings and the cost of your medical care
- Budget priorities - for example, saving vs. investing vs. paying down your debt
- College planning - approximating the costs and presenting funding options
- Maximizing idle cash - in checking, savings or your investment accounts
- Work benefits - including your retirement account investment choices
- Investment strategies - allocation, rebalancing and fee minimization strategies
- Insurance planning - risk management strategies to protect your goals and plans
- Tax planning - including federal and state tax strategies to maximize cash flow
- Estate planning - minimizing stress on your family at the end of your life
- Business planning - separating business financials from personal financials
OUR FEE: $5,000
OPTION 2: (TRADITIONAL SERVICE)
INITIAL & ONGOING PLANNING: Financial Planning & Implementation
In addition to drafting the first ROADMAP, clients will receive help with implementation and investment management. Our INITIAL & ONGOING PLANNING service includes:
- Everything in OPTION 1 (above) PLUS:
- Inviting and coordinating the assistance of estate planners, CPAs and insurance agents
- Facilitating conversations about money among family members
- Serving as an independent 3rd party for keeping clients accountable to their goals
- Drafting a personalized Investment Policy Statement (IPS) for each member client
- Transferring old retirement accounts (if necessary) and other investment accounts
- Managing investments and communicating fees and quarterly performance
- Reviewing and revising the financial ROADMAP at least annually
OUR FEE: $2,500 (one-time) plus 1% of assets we manage*
*For investors with $250,000 or more to invest. Fee of $2,500 is waived at $1,000,000 or more of assets managed