About Us (and You)
Whether you actually run a family business or just the business of your household, you are busy. Most of our clients are two-income households where one or both have variable income. Regardless of whether you actually run a "business," each of our client families are running an organization with inflows, outflows, debt and equity.
Your family fits our client profile if:
- You and your spouse each work 50+ hours a week either at home, your office or home office
- You are a highly educated and highly skilled professional
- You are competitive in your industry and especially your market
- You and time don’t get along (you never have enough of it)
- Your business (if you have one) is your most valuable (asset) part of your net worth
- You have a hard time trusting “advisers” who are employees of big brand firms (i.e. not decision makers)
You want to create personal (family) financials and/or translate your business financials (the ones from your accountant). You want the flexibility to “exit” your firm or your high-pressured job earlier than people expect. Your expertise is your ticket to taking your family to the next level. You have high ambitions for your family and see yourself as a future patriarch or matriarch. You may just be our kind of client.
Jason Howell Company is an independent, family wealth management firm run by two owners who consider it their family business. Jason J. Howell, CFP® and Douglas W. Tees, MBA are both married to patient wives and are dedicated to their kids. They have built a firm with a great reputation based in Northern Virginia and they hope to pass it on to their children someday.
Jason and Doug:
- Believe in treating their clients like family (fiduciary)
- Uniquely focus on family governance as a service to their clients
- Believe that Jason Howell Company is their most valuable asset
- Have LONG RESUMES in accounting and finance
- Have an easy time relating to fellow business owners who are clients
We believe that serving families through a system that supports family harmony, preserves family history and nurtures family values is the key to true wealth. This system is what we call FAMILY GOVERNANCE and along with 6 other strategies of financial planning, we would like to develop yours into a high-net-worth and self-worth family.
If we sound like you, the Jason Howell Company might be your kind of firm.
Questions? Just contact JHCo. to discuss this further.